During the pandemic in Hong Kong, we receive many rising inquiries from different industries looking for the Power BI & Power Automate training for their internal staffs. The quiet office moment gives a comfortable time for staff to pick up new knowledge.
On 12 & 19 Mar 2022, we provided the Power BI & Power Automate training to one of the vocational education, training, and professional development institutes in Hong Kong.
Our Consultant, Edmond Lau, co-hosted a virtual classroom with another tutor about proper way to apply Power BI and Power Automate in many business cases through virtual classrooms over last weekend. We covered some key programs below -
1. Greeting & Opening:
- Tutors provided the e-learning environment and documents for attendees to access, make notes and review later.
- Presentation :
- The demo being applied was focusing on Data automation and Power BI with self-service data preparation and data blending capability which helped attendees easily apply the value to their day-to-day work. Some life cases were brought up by attendees instantly that time and we were able to apply the scenarios into the demo environment to explore deeply our use cases and open the discussion together.
- Inspiration :
- We were able to interact with the attendees to try out the test data, explored the features of Power BI and Power Automate part by part, added streaming features of real-time data and we could observe the outcome together. It was inspiring to see how engaging the attendees were when they could quickly associate the features with business scenarios and explore what could be possible at that time.
- Take away :
- With advanced technology, Power Automate is now no-code guidance, the triggered search capabilities and AI builder help automate workflows between applications and services in platform to synchronize files and update status.
- Similarly, Power BI bridges the gap between data and decision making which helps easily connect Excel queries, data models, and reports to Power BI Dashboards. Power BI helps quickly gather, analyze, publish, and share Excel business data in new ways so that we can turn action into insight.
- Microsoft Power Platform combines Power BI with Power Apps and Power Automate to easily build business applications and automate business workflows to reach your business goal.